Aquariums have always enhanced the beauty of house. Fish are the best pet one can have. They aren’t required to take for a walk, no headache of modulation in food as their supplement comes in one can and you just need to know the accurate amount to sprinkle in water.
Also, they don’t bite, scratch, make noise or disturb you while you’re asleep. Moreover, it is very soothing to eye to watch their tank glowing in dim light at night and see all fish floating in every corner. How interesting it is to see colorful fish in one tank.
Apart from enjoying the view you also need to pamper fish once a week by cleaning the water tank. Besides, you also need good quality equipment to set up an aquarium for a long time. Human beings can survive in a dusty room or polluted environment, but fish can’t move from the tank to any other place for survival, so the water needs to be clean and pollution free. The best way is to learn the process of maintaining fish at home.
The great technique to start is to explore various pet stores and to ask as many questions as possible. Once you discover a good shop, stay loyal to them so that they can benefit you in the long run. One such store is Fish Tank Focus that was created to assist people to buy best quality products for their fish. They review all products and give unbiased feedback for the same. You can get the right product that is specific to your needs, interest and budget.
Here are some elements that may be harmful of for an aquarium which can kill fish easily –
- Presence of excessive ammonia can be hazardous for fish. However, reducing the amount of ammonia is not only helpful because presence of nitrite is also harmful.
- Algae growth is healthy and normal, but excessive growth can poison fish and plants. If frequently water isn’t changed, then algae growth can be common, if you still feel that apart from excessive care algae still grows, then get some algae eating fish.
- If you frequently observe cloudy water, then water testing and investigation is required. This helps in getting to the root cause and save your pets.
- Not all rocks can work smoothly in your aquarium, there are some rocks that change the chemical properties of water. It is wise to know the quality of water in your house and discuss with the store person before buying rocks for decoration.
- Any rapid changes in aquarium can cause death of fish. This can be abrupt and excessive change of water, too much of food supplement, etc.
- Every aquarium contains phosphate and hence you need its balance is level and not let it rise.
- Check water’s pH balance to ensure what kind of species can stay for longer in the fish tank.
Hence, here are few steps to follow to keep a fish tank in good shape –
- Check the water temperature daily.
- Clean algae, change 10% of water and test pH balance, nitrite, ammonia, alkalinity and chlorine of water on weekly basis.
- Lastly, once in every month you can clean all decorative pieces inside aquarium, remove 25% of water and clean it, get all filters inspected and vacuum gravel.
Following these few steps can sustain the life of healthy fish for a longer period of time. You will also find all your fish enjoying while floating in the tank.